Monday, January 14, 2013

"Hello Baby" Card - Subtles collection colors for FMS #68

It seems like everyone I know is pregnant right now! Seriously, in the last 3 weeks, I've found out at least 9 people are pregnant. Maybe it's just because I'm in that early-to-mid-20's age group in the Provo area, but wow, are there a lot of babies showing up on my Facebook news feed! So chances are, soon enough I'm going to need a lot of "Welcome, Baby!" cards for my friends and neighbors. With this in mind (and kind of being inspired by this week's Dynamic Duo pastel color combo), I decided to start building my stash with this sketch challenge card:


Close-up of the cute details on this card:
Subtles Collection Designer buttons, a "hello baby" banner,
Edgelits design, and a bitty bow on the rattle.

This is possibly the first time I've taken a sketch so literally. No, really, check out the sketch provided by Freshly Made Sketches this week:

With such a great layout, how could I go wrong? As soon as I saw the sketch, I knew that I wanted to use my Button Buddies set to fill that blue space, and some buttons (of course) for the details to the left. So I set to work (again at 11 pm.... that really needs to stop!) and came up with my adorable card a little while later. I love the soft color combo, and the polka-dot background (thanks to the textured embossing folder for the Big Shot) is such a cute addition, too! Overall, I'm very happy with this card -- and it goes back to the bolder, cleaner style that I used to stamp (like this post here).

Now to find out which of my friends is having a girl....

Card Details:
Paper: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron, and Whisper White CS
Stamps: Button Buddies, Pennant Parade
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Soft Suede 
Accessories & Tools: Subtles Collection Designer Buttons, 3/16" Corner punch, Finishing Touches Edgelits (Big Shot),
     Perfect Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder (Big Shot), Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Dimensionals


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is absolutely adorable! I love the colors and textures. The embellishments are perfect with the theme, too! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card Michelle! Love the buttons and flag with the words in different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! You are going to be busy making baby cards for sure! I love the embossing - dots just seem so perfect for baby cards to me. Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute baby card, love those buttons! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card...I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup again this week!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/01/52-card-pickup-23.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete