Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fusion Challenge and My FIRST My Digital Studio!

Hello again! I hope you all enjoyed the fun May Day Blog Hop we had last week! If you missed it, click here to start hopping.

This week, I've tackled TWO new things in one project! It was a little overwhelming and scary for me to take on that much "new" all at once, but I'm pretty proud of myself in the end. As silly as it sounds, even though I've been a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator for nearly 3 years -- and even though My Digital Studio (our digital crafting software) is only $20 -- until this week, I'd never actually created ANYTHING in My Digital Studio! I know, it's ridiculous. But I've now righted that wrong!

And so I present: My very first MDS creation! Made entirely in the FREE TRIAL of My Digital Studio!


I made this card for the Fusion Card Challenge, which is a relatively new stamp challenge blog with a fun concept. The designers give you a sketch and an inspiration photo; you can use either -- or both! -- in your creation. This was their Fusion #5. I was inspired by the photo, so I pulled its colors into the card (made with their layout, too). I'm pretty happy with it.

As I mentioned before, this was made entirely with the free trial of MDS. I didn't buy/download any stamps or accessories or anything. And it was made from scratch, not from a template (but that's another fantastic option, too).

7 comments:

  1. Looks great! awesome blue and yellow combo! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. So glad you joined us this week at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Michelle!
    So glad you joined in the experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Michelle! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really am happy with how this one turned out - especially since it's all digital and so new to me!

      Delete