Monday, July 1, 2013

"Summer Celebration" Blog Hop! (And Fusion#13)



It's time for another We Create Blog Hop! July's theme is Summer Celebration - and what better way to celebrate summer than with bright colors and sunny salutations?

I created this first card for the Fusion #13 sketch challenge. The "window panels" layout was inspired by this card over on Jill's, Ink.


Close-up of the "window-pane," made with the Postage Stamp punch.
The Daffodil Delight string was dyed by pulling white Baker's Twine
through the Daffodil Delight stamp pad with a sponge on top.



Then I made this second card to coordinate with the first - same color scheme, same stamp sets, but very different cards.




Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out all the other great bloggers in the hop this month to see their Summer Celebration inspiration! As always, follows, Pins, and comments are welcome  :)




Card Details
Stamp Sets: Betsy's Blossoms, Four You
Colors: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, 
Accessories: Old Olive ribbon, Whisper White baker's twine (dyed with Daffodil Delight ink pad), Basic Pearls

6 comments:

  1. Great choice of stamp, the way you punched out the "burst"! Love it for summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya! I really loved that part of my inspiration card, so I just CASE'd it! :)

      Delete
  2. I so love these cards--just my style, bold and bright!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card colors and stamp selection are perfect for summer. I love how they coordinate so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bright, fun, summery colors on your card! I can't wait to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the window pane layout! Your Daffodil Delight string turned out to be the perfect accent for that card. Very pretty! What a great way to showcase that stamp set. Beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete