Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Bundle & Save Blog Hop (Or, Please excuse the moving madness)


Welcome back, stampers! This month has been insanely busy! As you saw in my last post, I'm getting ready to move, along with helping several friends move and deal with other huge life changes, and getting to go on vacation with my husband (our first road trip!). So please excuse the temporary lack of project and enjoy the quick post about the great Bundle & Save options that Stampin Up offers.


This year's catalog features several fantastic "bundle" options that pair a stamp set with matching accessories -- usually Framelits for the Big Shot -- and give you a 15% savings! You can't beat coordinating products AND great savings!

Here's a handy list of each of the Bundle & Save options included in this year's catalog:
  • Chalk Talk -- pg 11 
  • Label Love -- pg 14
  • Four Frames -- pg 21 
  • Journal Bundles -- pg 29
  • Apothecary Art -- pg 57
  • Something for Baby -- pg 74
  • Itty Bitty Banners -- pg 79
  • Simply Sports--  pg 90
  • Playful Pennants -- pg 91/92
  • Starburst Sayings -- pg 117 
  • Honeycomb Hello -- pg 134 
  • Flower Patch -- pg 156 
  • Tag a Bag -- pg 201
I decided to feature the Chalk Talk bundle, which is so much fun to play with! It was one that I borrowed from Julie, actually, but it may be on my "need to buy" list now! The stamps are super fun, but the really awesome part is the Framelits! You can cut out (somewhat) customized tags out of anything! So versatile!


This card features a cute little narrow tag and a popped-up heart. As you've seen in previous posts, I really love the combination of Crumb Cake and Cherry Cobbler (maybe because they're both desserts?) It's such a simple card, but the textured background and the chalk-like font give it a lot of character.


My second card was a little more tricky to figure out. I tried and tried and tried to figure out how to put one of the big tags on this card, and it just wasn't happening. So I browsed Pinterest and got the inspiration I needed: Ditch the big tag and focus on this super-sweet sentiment instead! After that, things just fell together so much better. The oval was cut out using a punch, rather than the Chalk Talk framelits, but I think the Oval Framelits would work too.

What's your favorite Bundle & Save option? Be sure to hop through all the other blogs to see their great projects!



5 comments:

  1. Moving is not fun. I wish you all the best in your packing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not envy you! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see what you have in-store for us on Tuesday! :) Good Luck with all your happenings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are cute! :) I like the color combo too! Way to get it done, Michelle! :)

    ReplyDelete