Monday, April 15, 2013

Two Sketches and My Favorite "New" Color

This week, I discovered that THREE of the challenge blogs I frequent had similar sketches. I took that as the universe telling me I needed to use this layout -- so here's what I came up with:


I just LOVE how this one turned out! I don't usually "do" any of the Stampin' Up! "In Colors" (since they're only around for a relatively short time) but since this gorgeous Pool Party color has been announced as part of our Color Refresh, I am definitely looking forward to using it for years to come! (Possibly my favorite SU color ... except maybe Rich Razzleberry, but that's mostly because it's got an awesome name.)

I really like how the Basic Gray background (with the Honeycomb Textured Embossing Folder) looks with the bright, springy colors from the DSP. If you want to see another GENIUS idea for customizing this particular pattern of DSP, go check out Julie Wadlinger's entry in our Just Because blog hop. Betcha won't even recognize the paper!

And then, of course, the card needed a little bling -- so I added some of our Basic Jewels rhinestones to the DSP design to jazz it up a bit. The Tangerine Tango accents under the DSP and in the sentiment really make this a happy little "anytime" card.



I've entered this card in TWO challenges! (Because I'm daring like that.) Go check them out!
(It would have also been entered into Fab Friday, but I totally missed their deadline.... again! Go figure...)


Create with Connie and Mary (CCMC 247)
Click through to see challenge details!


Clean and Simple Stamping 235
Click through to see challenge details!


Card Details
Paper: Pool Party, Basic Gray, Whisper White cardstock; International Bazaar DSP
Ink: Tangerine Tango
Tools and Accessories: Honeycomb Textured Embossing Folder (Big Shot), Basic Jewels, Paper Snips (for cutting banner and placing rhinestones)

8 comments:

  1. very fun!! Love the cards and I'm a fan of the honeycomb folder too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the clean look of your card and the color choice. Loving the Basic gray with the pop of the orange! Thanks so much for joining the sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too LOVE how this turned out! What a great way to jazz up the dsp with that bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am happy Pool Party is sticking around too! Love your clean and simple card. The bling on the dsp was a great way to customize it! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...I am beyond excited that Pool Party is staying...it is the most AWESOME COLOR EVER!!! And you used one of my most favorite prints. What a wonderful card! And isn't it just wonderful that so many of them were similar! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the Pool Party. I've been using it more than the Baja Breeze so I'm good with the color change! Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Love the color combination, too!! The textured Basic Grey looks so great!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, love how you added the bling in the center of the prints! I love Pool Party, too...lovely card! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete